|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Toronto or Halifax|
LOCATION: Preference for Toronto, ON, but all open to remote candidates from across Canada
Colour’s Digital Strategist helps to manage the explosive growth we have experienced in providing digital solutions to our clients.
The perfect candidate has grown up digital and has a minimum of 2 years of digital strategic planning experience. They are obsessed with knowing the latest and greatest digital trends and are known to be passionate and curious. This ideal person will have a strong understanding of the interactive and digital realm – specifically, a strong understanding of consumers and target audiences and how they interact and engage with digital content. As well, they should have strong organizational, analytic, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Here are a few things you’ll need for this position:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant role
- Digital Media buying experience across all popular digital channels, including SEM, programmatic display and video, native, OTT, DOOH
- A good knowledge of the media ecosystem and how strategy planning influences it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grasp of data analytics and expert at communicating insights derived from analysis.
- The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance your workload
- Demonstrated ability to develop integrated marketing communication plans encompassing all forms of media
- Ability to drive projects from conception to completion; project management experience and strong presentation skills a must
- Independent thinker, creative problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to translate data into insights for designing client communication strategies
- Strong negotiation skills
- A passion & capacity for endless learning
- An awesome, positive personality
- Above average Excel skills (e.g. you’ve used VLOOKUP before)
- Software experience:
- Web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Omniture)
- Social listening (e.g. Radian6, Sysomos, NUVI)
- Data management (e.g. TapClicks, Caspio, Domo)
- Data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
- CRM / Inbound (e.g. HubSpot, gShift, Marketo)
- Time Reporting (Harvest)
- Healthcare Marketing Experience
- Automation experience (e.g. using APIs, writing scripts, or macros)
- Experience writing/creating social media content
Ok, those were all skill-based. Here’s a bit more about the type of person we’re looking for
- You’re proactive
- You can work independently but you’re ultimately a team player
- You’re resourceful and able to execute
- You’re solution-oriented, even and especially, when under pressure
- You’re organized with high attention to detail
- You’re hungry, humble, honest, happy, smart, and driven to create something new
Our main offices are located in Halifax and Toronto with a start-up office in NYC; our clients are based across North America, and even in the Caribbean. Our ideal candidate will be based in Toronto, but as the company now mostly operates remotely, we are open to candidates from across Canada willing to work in EST or AST.\
Around here our focus is high performance and achievement. It’s about pushing yourself and everyone around you to perform at their best day in and day out. During downtime there’s yoga and a mini keg — but we can also run hot. We happily work at the intersection of humanity and hard data and believe in earning everything we get.
Compensation will reflect your experience.
Get in touch
If this sounds like an environment you’d dig, we’d love to chat. Send us a resume, a description of your past work, and a link to your favourite online video to prove that you’ve read this entire job description.
Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Digital Strategist’ Application
- Digital Strategy and Planning: For select client accounts, you will be involved in the strategic planning that covers brand discovery, setting objectives and KPIs, journey mapping and channel planning
- Customer Service and Account Management: For select client accounts, you will be the client’s strategic point of contact within Colour, ensuring that deliverables are not only met but exceeded, and that the strength of those client relationships grows.
- Digital media buying/management. Managing the inputs and outputs of SEM, display, video, and native campaigns via programmatic and manual means. You will have a handle on not only the data output, but the strategy and direction that goes into these programs.
- Social Media: Manage the creation of original social content for clients, social strategy and writing briefs, working closely with copywriters and designers to deliver on-brand and on-brief content. Upload and schedule social content adhering to channel best practices, curate and post relevant content for our client’s social channels, and occasionally modify images and copy to be posted during live events.
- Community Management: When required, interact with our clients’ communities for the purpose of providing customer service (including answering questions and/or escalating to the proper channels), removal of spam, and to manage and grow our clients’ social communities on a regular basis in order to grow engagement.
- Analytics: Monitor media performance across paid and social channels, and provide feedback and input into client reports, and continually investigate ways to improve on those metrics.
- Digital Media Education: As a specialist, participate in lunch-and-learns, attend webinars and continually look for ways to increase and share digital media marketing knowledge.
- Reporting: Feedback and input into client reports, and continually investigate ways to improve on those metrics.
Please note: As this is a North American firm, you are expected to maintain an up-to-date passport.