Supervisor | Media Strategy & Operations
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Halifax|
Colour is a creative|social agency built for a connected world. Our culture is based on a curiosity about people, a desire to engage, co-creativity and the possibility of making a difference. We are driven by insights about people and a co-creative process rooted in the belief that great ideas can come from anywhere or anyone.
Colour Media focuses primarily on digital and social media strategy, planning, and execution, and is quickly growing in the areas of traditional media campaigns. Our team has remained a step ahead, leading the industry and delivering value to clients through innovative digital and social solutions. We pride ourselves on our ability to enter the world of our clients and to drive positive change for them. Through our offices in Halifax, New York and Toronto, we provide counsel to an eclectic range of clients, include fortune 100 companies across a range of dynamic industries including retail, education, non-profit, CPG, pharmaceutical and now cannabis.
As Supervisor, Media Strategy & Operations for Colour Media, you will be responsible for overseeing a variety of projects as the senior paid media resource across a number of client accounts.
We are not highly structured within the senior team at Colour. We work together, providing our expertise to clients as well as individual team members by providing them with multiple touch points across the broader company. The Supervisor will have solid line reporting to Randy Newman, Vice President Media & Strategy. Chris Keevill, Paul Lockhard & Pamela Teh are also always readily accessible for support as well.
As Supervisor you WILL:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of specific media accounts while developing, executing and monitoring the campaign system plans to ensure delivery against KPIs
- Supervise & coach media strategists assigned to those accounts
- Develop and implement process improvements within the media practice
- Lead the planning and execution across traditional and digital paid media channels
- Lead the process in optimizing the allocation of media investment across all digital media, including SEM, Programmatic Display, Video, Social, Mobile, etc. on assigned accounts
- Work closely with Managing Partners, creative teams, development teams and other third party resources to bring social strategy and social campaigns to life
- Ensure projects are happening on time and on budget with resources brought into specific jobs at the right time and through the right process
- Ensure regular communication with clients through status calls, client meetings etc.
- Occasional travel to Toronto, New York and possibly other markets may be required
- 7+ years of digital media experience within an agency environment (full-service agency environment is a plus)
- Certification on Google AdWords & Google Analytics is a plus
- A deep understanding of programmatic media
- Familiarity with ad servers and media reporting tools
- Campaign experience within traditional media channels (broadcast, print, OOH) is preferred
- Social Media campaign management experience is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Management or Data Sciences
- Strong written and presentation skills are essential
Compensation will reflect your experience.
GET IN TOUCH
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, we’d love to chat. Send us a resume, a description of your past work and a link to your favourite video right now.
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Supervisor Media Strategy” as appropriate.
Director of Strategy
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Toronto|
Colour’s Director of Strategy has a minimum 7 years of digital strategic planning experience, as well as a proven track record of converting strategy into high performing marketing executions. This person is up on the latest digital and content marketing trends and tools; has a strong understanding of consumers and how they engage with digital content; and has strong leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Colour is a digital agency that converts today’s complex marketing landscape into a fun, productive experience for our clients. As much as we get digital and high performance, we also get how to be nice people. We have an east coast sense of friendship and caring that our team members embody and our clients point out as a positive differentiator. We’re looking for more people who also get it.
As a Director of Strategy you can gather research data and turn it into insights, while helping our creative and media teams turn these insights into moments that matter along the steps of a customer journey. You will collaborate across clients, teams, and platforms, and will act as an expert on several key accounts in many areas, including CRM, analytics, digital media, social media, branding, and client service.
- Apply your strategic planning prowess to bring success to campaigns across owned, earned, and paid channels. Your analytical mind can juggle business planning, competitive analysis, brand positioning, messaging and a range of marketing and communication tactics.
- Work closely with our Program Manager to produce project scopes, cost estimates and workback schedules. You’ll create and manage BCRs and forecasting reports, and actively search for business development opportunities within existing clients
- Establish and grow strong client, team, and agency relationships and collaborate with agency partners
- Continually monitor and anticipate client needs to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Participate, as required, in new business presentations
- Oversee client reporting to ensure the analysis adheres to campaign objectives and that the insights inform the client’s business
- Produce post-program documentation for internal and external use (learning that makes us better)
A few skills you’ll need for this position:
- A minimum 7 years experience in a client-facing, digitally-focused, service-oriented role
- A demonstrated ability to develop integrated marketing communication plans encompassing all forms of media
- Experience/involvement in new business planning and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to lead client relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a media team to plan and buy media, and with creative teams to produce everything from banner ads to brand videos and websites
- Familiarity with:
- Web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Social listening (e.g. Radian6, Sysomos, NUVI)
- Data management (e.g. TapClicks, Caspio, Domo) & visualization (e.g. Tableau)
- CRM / Inbound (e.g. HubSpot, gShift, Marketo)
- Website building and maintenance experience
- Understand the creative B2C and B2B use of the latest tools on social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- You’ve been party to developing at least one app
- Your a ninja at writing creative briefs
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- Solution-oriented, even, and especially, when under pressure
- You’re organized with high attention to detail, proactive, and resourceful
- An awesome, positive personality – you know how to be a good work colleague (friendly, direct and always professional and respectful)
- Independent thinker, creative problem solver with attention to detail
Bonus skills (nice to have):
- Bilingual: English/French, English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin
Our Work Place
Our main offices are located in Halifax and Toronto with a small office in NYC, and our clients are mainly in North America. This role is based in Toronto and may require travel to our other offices and to a range of client locations, mostly within Canada. We’re dog-friendly, hold regular social activities and are always awash in the aroma of chocolate from our downstairs neighbour at King & Spadina, SOMA Chocolatemaker.
At Colour, we happily work at the intersection of humanity and hard data. We believe in pushing ourselves and everyone around to perform their best, and to laugh out loud as often as possible.
Compensation will reflect your experience.
Get in touch
If this sounds like an environment you’d dig, we’d love to chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Director of Strategy application’.