Senior Consultant, Public Relations
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Halifax|
The Senior Consultant is a skilled communicator with a proven track record in developing and executing public relations strategies in support of business objectives. As Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for the performance of the communications function, working with colleagues to ensure integrated communications planning, government affairs (federal, provincial and municipal), stakeholder relations and consumer PR strategies. The Senior Consultant will develop and execute communications strategies, including plans and tactics that position clients as thought leaders on issues related to their business and industry.
- Responsible for the oversight of client communications activities, including overseeing the development and distribution of public relations strategies, key messages, ensuring relationships with media are built and maintained, overseeing and/or preparing briefing notes, speaking materials, Q&As and news releases
- Advises clients on how to manage media issues and oversees and/or provides training and support for media briefings and interviews
- Develops and executes consumer focused marketing PR programs integrated across owned, earned and paid media
- Works with clients to ensure accurate, comprehensive and consistent messaging/information and effective public affairs and communications practices
- Works closely with other members of Colour’s team and clients to advise on issues management
- Supports the preparation of reports, briefings and presentations for Colour and its clients
- Contributes to organization planning and management processes
- Other duties may be required as per the direction of the Vice President
- A recognized university degree with a specialization in communications, marketing or another related field to the position
- At least ten (10) years of experience in strategic communications or public relations
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and measuring communications and public affairs strategies, campaigns and initiatives
- Demonstrated issues management capabilities
- Understanding digital communications, technologies and ad-tech tools
- Excellence in media relations and nimbleness in working with digital and social media
- Proven ability to help advise Senior Executives and Boards of Directors
- Strategic and big picture thinking
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- High level of diplomacy and judgement
- A team player with an aptitude for changing environments
- Ability to travel
Our main offices are located in Halifax and Toronto with a start-up office in NYC. Our clients are based across North America and even in the Caribbean. This role is based in Halifax and will require travel to our other offices and to a range of client locations, mostly within Canada.
Compensation will reflect your experience.
GET IN TOUCH
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, we’d love to chat.
Send us your resume at PRjobs@colour.ca with the subject line “Senior Consultant, Public Relations.”
Digital Media Strategists
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Toronto or Halifax|
We’re looking for two ambitious strategists to join our media team on a full-time basis.
We need someone who can manage a variety of projects as the day-to-day operations lead, while also being the primary point of contact for any Colour teams looking for project-related details on media campaigns.
As a Digital Strategist for Colour Media, you will be responsible for overseeing a variety of projects as the key paid media resource for a number of clients.
The senior team at Colour is very approachable. We work together, providing our expertise to clients as well as individual team members. The Digital Strategists will report directly to Leonard Roberts, Director of Planning & Analytics. Chris Keevill, Paul Lockhard, Pamela Teh, Sarah Flynn and Randy Newman are also always accessible for support as well.
In this role you will:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of specific media accounts while developing, executing and monitoring the campaign system plans to ensure delivery against KPIs
- Develop and implement process improvements within the media practice
- Lead the planning and execution across digital paid media channels, as well as occasionally across traditional media channels
- Lead the process in optimizing the allocation of media investment across all digital media, including SEM, programmatic display, video, social, mobile, native, etc. on assigned accounts
- Work closely with managing partners, creative teams, development teams and other third party resources to bring social strategy and social campaigns to life
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget, bringing in resources into specific jobs at the right time and through the right process
- Ensure regular communication with clients through status calls, client meetings, etc.
- Visually create client presentation decks and reports, taking campaign data and transforming it into an insightful story for clients to share within their own organizations
- Occasional travel to Toronto, New York and possibly other markets may be required
Here are a few things you’ll need for this position:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, media or communications is required
- Two or more years of related work experience specifically in strategic planning or media planning
- Cross-channel planning experience with a focus on both Digital (SEM, display, native, video) and Traditional (OOH, print, broadcast) media is required
- Strong client-management and budget management experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills — you can detect and translate a story behind the numbers/data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a demonstrated ability to translate and present complicated ideas in a simple and easy to understand yet inspirational/creative style
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities — ability to think unconventionally in proposing potential solutions or opportunities to issues
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Advanced Certification in one or more of the following platforms is a plus: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Business/Ads Manager
- Experience in some or all of the following digital platforms is preferred: Stackadapt, Twitter, Pinterest as well as any other relevant DSP or DMP
- Experience in graphic design software such as Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator or equivalent is a plus
- Experience in planning tools such as IMS and Mediatools is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as other equivalent programs
- Basic knowledge of programming language or WordPress is a plus
- General knowledge of SEO is preferred
- Familiarity with US, European, Australian or Caribbean markets is a plus
- Successful completion of Colour Media’s written and analytics test is a requirement
Our main offices are located in Halifax and Toronto with a start-up office in NYC. Our clients are based across North America and even in the Caribbean. This role is based in Halifax and will require travel to our other offices and to a range of client locations, mostly within North America.
Around here, our focus is high performance and achievement. It’s about pushing yourself and everyone around you to perform at their best, day in and day out. During downtime there’s yoga — but we can also run hot. We happily work at the intersection of humanity and hard data and believe in earning everything we get.
Compensation will reflect your experience.
GET IN TOUCH
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, we’d love to chat. Send us a resume, a description of your past work and a link to your favourite video right now.
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Toronto Digital Strategist” or “Halifax Digital Strategist” as appropriate.