Senior Strategist (Account Supervisor + Digital Specialist)
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Toronto|
Colour is a different kind of digital and creative agency. We use both sides of our brain to solve challenges and provide thoughtful solutions by bringing together imagination & analytics, emotions & equations, humanity & hard data in the moments that matter.
As a Senior Strategist at Colour, you’ve successfully bridged the gap from being a strong executor of strategic digital programs to being a service-oriented brand and marketing strategist. You know how primary and secondary research is used in creating a value proposition that combines the right emotional and functional benefits to create a relevant brand direction. With digital as the backbone of the marketing strategy, you feel confident working with the client to create messaging and measurable omni-channel programs to help build their business. If you understand the value of the various components that make up omni-channel marketing, we’d be keen to meet you. If you’re someone who has worked successfully on these components, we’re likely to fall all over ourselves wanting to meet you. And if your middle name is “analytics” or “measurement”, well, that would be utterly delightful.
The Senior Strategist position at Colour is an intermediate to senior role requiring 7+ years of digital agency experience, and a comfort level with both hands-on and strategic work functions. We’re close to the work and our clients – doing the planning and managing the communication work. That’s one of the main reasons clients choose to work with us, that, and they tell us we’re friendly and down to earth. Do you have a hands-on orientation to account leadership? Can you garner client confidence in your role as a partner in their business? If you answered “yes” and are aligned to our approach to client work, you and Colour may be a perfect fit!
What you’ll do
- Gather research data and turn it into insights, while helping our creative and media teams turn these insights into moments that matter along the steps of a customer journey (owned, earned & paid channels)
- Collaborate across clients, teams, and platforms, and act as an expert on several key accounts in many areas, including CRM, analytics, digital media, social media, branding, e-commerce and client service
- Develop creative briefs and integrated marketing plans
- Oversee program analytics, insights and reporting to ensure they inform the client’s business and identify areas for leverage, enhancement or improvement in marketing programs
Ideally you have:
- A minimum 7 years experience in a client-facing, digitally-focused, service-oriented marketing and communications role – you know the full range of digital tools and services and how they’re used (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Analytics, Omniture, Radian6, Sysomos, NUVI, TapClicks, Caspio, Domo, Datarama, HubSpot, gShift, Marketo – these and any of their relatives)
- A university degree in business or marketing
- Experience/involvement in new business planning and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to lead client relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A humble, results-oriented demeanour
- Independent thinker, proactive, creative problem solver with attention to detail
- A bonus would be if you’ve been party to developing at least one successful app
Our Work Place
Our main offices are located in Halifax and Toronto with a small office in NYC, and our clients are mainly in North America. This role is based in Toronto and may require travel to our other offices and to a range of client locations, mostly within Canada.
At Colour, we happily work at the intersection of humanity and hard data. We believe in pushing ourselves and everyone to perform their best, and to laugh out loud as often as possible.
Get in Touch
If this sounds like an environment you’d dig, we’d love to chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Senior Strategist application’.
Supervisor | Media Strategy & Operations
|Type: Full Time|
|Office Location: Halifax|
Colour is a creative|social agency built for a connected world. Our culture is based on a curiosity about people, a desire to engage, co-creativity and the possibility of making a difference. We are driven by insights about people and a co-creative process rooted in the belief that great ideas can come from anywhere or anyone.
Colour Media focuses primarily on digital and social media strategy, planning, and execution, and is quickly growing in the areas of traditional media campaigns. Our team has remained a step ahead, leading the industry and delivering value to clients through innovative digital and social solutions. We pride ourselves on our ability to enter the world of our clients and to drive positive change for them. Through our offices in Halifax, New York and Toronto, we provide counsel to an eclectic range of clients, include fortune 100 companies across a range of dynamic industries including retail, education, non-profit, CPG, pharmaceutical and now cannabis.
As Supervisor, Media Strategy & Operations for Colour Media, you will be responsible for overseeing a variety of projects as the senior paid media resource across a number of client accounts.
We are not highly structured within the senior team at Colour. We work together, providing our expertise to clients as well as individual team members by providing them with multiple touch points across the broader company. The Supervisor will have solid line reporting to Randy Newman, Vice President Media & Strategy. Chris Keevill, Paul Lockhard & Pamela Teh are also always readily accessible for support as well.
As Supervisor you WILL:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of specific media accounts while developing, executing and monitoring the campaign system plans to ensure delivery against KPIs
- Supervise & coach media strategists assigned to those accounts
- Develop and implement process improvements within the media practice
- Lead the planning and execution across traditional and digital paid media channels
- Lead the process in optimizing the allocation of media investment across all digital media, including SEM, Programmatic Display, Video, Social, Mobile, etc. on assigned accounts
- Work closely with Managing Partners, creative teams, development teams and other third party resources to bring social strategy and social campaigns to life
- Ensure projects are happening on time and on budget with resources brought into specific jobs at the right time and through the right process
- Ensure regular communication with clients through status calls, client meetings etc.
- Occasional travel to Toronto, New York and possibly other markets may be required
- 7+ years of digital media experience within an agency environment (full-service agency environment is a plus)
- Certification on Google AdWords & Google Analytics is a plus
- A deep understanding of programmatic media
- Familiarity with ad servers and media reporting tools
- Campaign experience within traditional media channels (broadcast, print, OOH) is preferred
- Social Media campaign management experience is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Management or Data Sciences
- Strong written and presentation skills are essential
Compensation will reflect your experience.
GET IN TOUCH
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, we’d love to chat. Send us a resume, a description of your past work and a link to your favourite video right now.
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Supervisor Media Strategy” as appropriate.